Monday, April 16, 2012

Trip to Burma

I am planning a trip in January 2007 to Burma. I am a photographer and would like to experience as much as I can in 7-8 days. Therefore, I would like recommendatiions for a qualified travel agency within the country to make the arrangements. I am quite adventureous female, however I enjoy my comforts. I will be traveling from Malaysia with a stop in Bangkok for my visa. I am assuming this is the fastest method of getting my visa. You all have recommended that if I use a local agency they will help with the visa process. Any recommendations are well. Thank you, Diane



Trip to Burma


I have always traveled to Myanmar on my own, using local travel agents (Good News Travel in Yangon) only for ticketing. However, I also hear good things about Zarmani Tours, Myanmar Travel Ltd. , and Diethelm. I also get my visa in Bangkok. It usually takes about 3 business days to process but I think there is also a faster (and more expensive) option.



Trip to Burma


about your trip,you should try to get one who familia with sites for photo.about agency they can manage very good but you need some one help for photo shooting.Means to most of tour guide who just study for tourism news and story.They will not close to photographic.You ask some one for arrange that will be cost also cheap and you can get more time for your Photo shooting.I think you should hire a car for your plan.If you need some I can help you.Not depend on job and not mension to Buck.just help to you.As my living is a tour guide who love free take brathing.




Dear Diane,





It%26#39;s not too late to say ';Merry X%26#39;mas and Happy New Year';



Hope you can manage your trip pland and with best wishes,





Aung




We have visited Burma 3 times. The last 2 visits we used Columbus Travel in Yangon. They arranged flights/hotels/guides to meet us at airports and look after us at each stop. Very reliable and reasonable price. Good mid-range hotels. Our contact was Ms Ohnmar. Columbus Travel, 586 Strand Road, Ianmadaw Township, Yangon. Tel: +95 1 229245 F: +95 1 229246



columbus03@baganmail.net.mm www.travelmyanmar.com or



columbus@mptmail.net.mm





We have visited: Bagan, Mandalay, Lake Inle (definitely include this) and in October 06 added a new exeperience - Kiang Tong and did 2 separate day trips to the hill tribes (highlight of the trip!). As a photographer you definitely wouldn%26#39;t want to miss this.





I can provide more info if needed.





Good luck



Kay/NZ




We visited Myanmar during Xmas week for 7 for 7 days, 8 nights.



We pre-arranged our visit through Columbus (Mr. Ohnmar) and we were extremely pleased with their service. They even went out of their way to solve a problem we experienced with a terrible hotel in Lake Inle (Myanmar Treasure supposedly owned by government cronies).



My favorite cities were Bagan and Lake Inle (especialy for photography) I take both still and videos.





Make sure you bring crisp US dollars as they accept nothing else including no credit cards or ATMs.





As stated earlier by someone else in this string, the email address for Columbus was given to you.





have fun




We have been to Burma 7 times now and have always used a local agency, not connected to the government. The agency is Orchestra and our contact is Mya Thidar. Her English is pretty good. The email address is orchestra.myanmar@gmail.com. They can%26#39;t receive aol in Burma so use any other provider. say Tony and Mary recommended you. We have sent friends to them and have had nothing back but praise.




Ha anyone used or had feedback on ';Golden Arrowhead'; Tour Company, No. 120, 7th Floor, Bogyoke Road, Yangon, Myanmar?

No comments:

Post a Comment