Monday, April 16, 2012

Inscription on knife from Inle Lake

I bought a Burmese knife from a blacksmith when I was at Inle Lake and it has a simple insciption on both side of the blade. They told me at the time what it said, but I have since forgotten. I suspect it%26#39;s something like ';Souvenir from Inle Lake'; :-)

I have posted pictures of the inscriptions to a Picasa web album. Please have a look and see if you can help me with it, or point me to a forum of language experts - I have been looking but haven%26#39;t found one yet.

Album link: 鈥oogle.co.uk/nic.sinclair/HelpNeededWithIns鈥?/a>

Inscription on knife from Inle Lake

Dear,

The first one is in myanmar, read as ';Innthar'; meaning ..'; People of Inle Lake';.

The second one is in myanmar '; Thanmani'; meaning.. ';Very Strong Steel'; something like '; Stainless Steel';.

Hope you can re-call now.

Inscription on knife from Inle Lake

Many thanks for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

  • ingrown hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment