Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Reliable Tour Operators

My wife and I will be travelling during November in SEA. We would like to spend 7 nights in Myanmar. I am having difficulty obtaining referances for a good and reliable Tour Operator. We would like to visit Yangon, Inle, Mandalay and Bagan.



Your opinions and advice would be very much appraciated.



Thanks to all.





Reliable Tour Operators


Hi Fullstop!





The first thing I would do is pick one of your destinations and remove it from the list. You%26#39;ll be doing so much moving around that you won%26#39;t be able to catch your breath. Can you do it? Sure. But I wouldn%26#39;t recommend it.





Regarding tour companies, I don%26#39;t particularly care for them as I like to work with an independent guide, but there are several which are referred to in this forum which will likely fit your bill.



Reliable Tour Operators


7 days is quite short to do all those places! You will want at least 3 days in Rangoon; then move on to Bagan for another 3 days. You may have to do a rushed job to get back to Rangoon and fly out almost as soon as you get back. For a tour operator, try Indochina Services on info@is-myanmar.com or www.indochina-services.com I have used them for the last 3 visits and they have been very efficient and reliable. They responded quickly to my queries. Their manager is Ms. Thit Thit Zin.



Best Wishes,


PSW




I agree with the previous comments. The roads in Myanmar are quite bad. I have been in Myanmar 3 times and I have always rented a car with driver. You are not allowed to drive yourself in Myanmar and believe me, you wouldn%26#39;t like to do it either! You will love Myanmar. Have a good trip.



Zwaantje




7 days is quite hurry for all these place. I suggessted for Yangon than go to Bagan and Inle. If you can extend to 9 days , you can go all place. For tour operator , Adventure Myanmar Travel is one of the best in Myanmar. You can contact to aye@amtt.com.mm or their web site is www.adventruemyanmar.com.mm.Usually, you can get back your answer by within 24 hrs if e-mail are not break down and they can suggest you for the trip with no hidden cost.




Beware those on these forums suggesting local Companies in which they have a vested interest!





Several large Tour Operators operate in Myanmar, including Asian Trails, Diethelm, Exotissimo, All of them will put a package together for you, some will even tailor one specifically to your requirements.




We just returned from five weeks in Asia including nine days in Myanmar. We loved Myanmar! I booked our Myanmar portion with the help of Columbus Travels (www.travelmyanmar.com). They were fabulous to work with! I mapped out where we wanted to go and for how long, and they proposed the flights, hotels and guides. It was all for less than I could have arranged on my own and was great! We had a great local guide at each location and made great use of our time. We visited Yangoon, Bagan, Inle Lake, Pindaya, and Kyaing Tong. They were all great. (Kyaing Tong is only for the more adventurous!) Have a great trip!




Suggest you contact Columbus Travels



586 Strand Road, Yangon





columbus@mptmail.net.mm



www.travelmyanmar.com





We are dealing with Ohnmar.





Two years ago they did an itinerary for my husband and I - gave them the number of days and funds available. Within half an hour it was all done. We visited their office to do the booking on our first trip to Yangon. Got their name from Lonely Planet Guide. We did Bagan, Mandalay, Lake Inle (don%26#39;t miss visiting this). A guide, car and driver, met us at each stop and looked after us. Fantastic. Now we are going again next month for an 11 day visit. Again Columbus are doing our bookings via email. They are quick and efficient and reliable. Yangon, Golden Rock (by car), then flying north to Heho, drive to Lake Inle, fly to Mandalay, fly to Kyaing Tong, then back to Yangon - USD1035/person incl accommo, flights etc.





You will love Myanmar. First visit I%26#39;d recommend Bagan and Lake Inle if you have limited time, most definitely Lake Inle.





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment