Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stay in Myanmar for beach or not? Itinerary help

I am half Burmese and have never been to Burma before and my mum has never been back since she left at 10! I do however have relatives in Rangoon that my grandma is in touch with and I can stay with no problems. However, I have no idea about what itinerary to do. My boyfriend will be coming with me %26amp; as much as we both want to do the finding my roots and seeing the family thing, we need to build into the holiday at least a week of beach relaxation probably after visiting relatives on our own!. We are from London so are thinking of flying via Doha to Rangoon (my uncle reckons this is the cheapest and quickest route) and then doing stuff in and around Rangoon, doing a stop over in Bangkok and then spending a week somewhere on a Thai beach. But I have no idea whetehr or not it would be better to stay iin Burma for the beach bit and forget Thaliand???? ANY help appreciated



Stay in Myanmar for beach or not? Itinerary help


There are terrific beaches in Burma. I can suggest a few:





Near Yangon - Chaungtha, very close to Pathein. However, this beach is not so nice. It is popular with locals who are looking to get away for a couple of days from Yangon.





Ngwe Saung - My favorite beach in Myanmar. Not overly touristed and very beautiful. About 4-1/2 - 5-1/2 hours from Yangon. really, really nice. Just relax and chill out.





And of course...





Ngapali - In Rakhine State. Very popular and more like a Thai style resort area than other places.



Stay in Myanmar for beach or not? Itinerary help


hi,


wish you happy and free in your days,I am a tour guide in Burma and I am a new one in here ,yesterday I happly became a member on trip advisor.I really love to tell and help about tourism.That is my job.So In Burma we have 2 kinds of beaches that first is really great in South East Asia,Call Ngepeli beach.but you have to go by flight.The best one ,The next is so close of Yangon 5 Hr driving time you will meet local tour.I prefer to go to Ngepeli,that you will get different feeling,so you know other beaches they were deeply crowded in our beacg you will get good plan for future and you will get mind clearness for your dream,


Ok if you need me send a line for you itenary,I will help you,


have a nice day,and enjoy in our lovely beache.


kopwint,


p.s-this is my mail adds,kopwint@gmail.com




Mazzaroo,



How long are you going for and when?





My adv:ice: Now is the time to go. the weather will be wonderful. the best period would be between November and end of February. It gets quite hot late February and March onwards.





I would recommend a 3 center trip if you have the time: Yangon (Rangoon) Bagan and Ngapali. Bagan is the ancient Capital with thousands of ancient pagodas. Ngapali is the beach (see my reply about Ngapali). I recommend you do Ngapali last to chill out after what would be a hectic visits to Yangon and Bagan.





You can go to any beach in Thailand any time in the sense that you don%26#39;t have the hassel of visas and flight connections from UK. You are (possibly) not (I could be proved wrong) going to be going to Myanmar that often; so go and see the natural, unspoilt beauty of Ngapali.




That you think about season is right cause you are not familia with hot season But we can not chaing that,But if you have the mind to meet some of your root s and your lovely boy friend I hope that will release all of the nonsense,,,get free in your days,and WARMLY WELCOME TO burma

No comments:

Post a Comment