Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Exchanging US $100

I am going to Myanmar in November for 2.5 weeks and from everything I%26#39;ve read, I plan to bring US Cash, mostly in $100 denominations. I have pre-paid for my hotels and flights within Myanmar, so the $$ I%26#39;m bringing is for food, tours, drinks, other transportation, shopping, entry fees to temples etc. My question is will I have difficulty exchanging $100 outside of Yangon....i.e. Inle Lake, Ngapali Beach, Bagan etc.....or should I bring $50%26#39;s and $20%26#39;s? I do plan to bring about $100 worth of $1s, $5s, $10s, but would I have a problem if i bring the rest in $100%26#39;s? (I%26#39;d rather not have a huge wad....lol). Thanks.



Exchanging US $100


You should not have a problem exchanging $100 notes outside of Yangon, but the exchange rate you get may not be as high. I try to exchange extra in Yangon and see far I get with the remaining kyat. You can also exchange smaller notes (20s, 50s) if needed. Most hotels in Mandalay, Bagan and Nyaungshwe (Inle Lake) will be able to exchange money at any time. They may not always have enough kyat on hand to cover a $100 note, but they can usually get it together in a half hour or less.



Exchanging US $100


no doubt you have seen postings about serial numbers for $100 notes... to be avoided.. I think it%26#39;s CB? and about bringing new or as new as possible notes... 3 or 4 of these to get a good rate... for sure..





$100 worth of small notes is less than what we intend to bring, we are planning to bring at least 20 $10 notes and 10 $5s... and a few $1s.. you will probably get more $1 notes as change for the $5s and $10s....




If you are only going to Yangon, Mandalay, Inle and Bagan, you will have no trouble exchanging money. You will get a better rate in Yangon than anywhere else, a passable rate in Mandalay and will feel a bit cheated in Bagan and Inle, although you%26#39;ll really only be losing about 2-3% on your money there. DO bargain when you exchange. New 100%26#39;s will get you the best rate. 50%26#39;s will fetch slightly less, and lower dewnominations less still. All notes should be as new as possible, untorn, should not have any writing or stamps on them. Also, as a previous poster stated, serial #%26#39;s with the prefix CB will not be accepted except in big hotels.




Dear Sir,





You%26#39;ve explained and learn about CB prefix, 20 USD notes would make you easier exchanging outside RGN.. it%26#39;s about a little high %26gt;%26gt;1200 Kyats equlivent to a USdollar.





tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i8036-Amazing_N鈥?/a>




Dear Sir,





You%26#39;ve explained and learn about CB prefix, 20 USD notes would make you easier exchanging outside RGN.. it%26#39;s about a little high %26gt;%26gt;1200 Kyats equlivent to a USdollar.





tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i8036-Amazing_N鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment