Wednesday, April 18, 2012

balloons over Began

Anyone tried this? Guess it is very expensive, about $250!, but it is a once in a lifetimer, so I%26#39;m debating. thanks





balloons over Began


Just got back from Bagan this week and personally I don%26#39;t think it would be worth it...





We were in Bagan for 3 days and there are plenty of great spots where you can climb to the top of a temple for sunset (free). One of the nights we did the alternative and did a sunset boat ride... while not as exciting as the top of the temple, it was lovely none-the-less and only about $5 (total for 2 people).





I%26#39;d also recommend not going to the tower for sunset - it is run by the government and about $10/person but you can get just as good a view without spending $$$





The worst about the balloon trip is that in comparison to all other costs in Myanmar it is REALLY over the top.



balloons over Began


DAL504, thanks for the input about the river trip. Think we%26#39;ll skip the balloon ride and do it instead. Did you use US or local $$$ for rides, shopping, etc? Did you buy any lacquerware or anything else interesting in Bagan? thanks!




I have only been to Bagan once, but I am going again when I travel in Myanmar next week. Yep, the balloon ride is expensive, but I had some friends who did it last year, and they said it was amazing. 250 bucks? That%26#39;s an unmemorable dinner for 2 in New York (where I am from.) If you have the cash, it%26#39;s definitely worth considering.




I agree with the previous poster. If you can afford it then the balloon ride is a once in a lifetime experience. Seeing the sun rise as you drift over the top of the temples is an amazing feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment