Monday, April 16, 2012

Prescription Eyeglasses and Tailors

Hi, I%26#39;ll be in Yangon in May and have a couple of questions:



1. Has anyone gotten prescription eyeglasses made in Yangon - how much did you pay, were they good quality, and where did you have them done? (I hear they are so cheap to have them made there).



2. Can anyone recommend a good tailor/dressmaker - do you know the price to sew the top and skirt/longyi, and do you how long they take to make it?



Prescription Eyeglasses and Tailors


We bought 3 pair of glasses from Asia Optics.... 197-199 Shwe Bon Tha street...



Pair of reading glasses.. Frameless.. good quality titanium frames.. USD 45.00 incl eyetest.



Pair of quite complicated ';graduated'; glasses... photochromic .. for USD 90.00.. They would have cost arounf USD 600.00... but would have been thinner lenses here in Austrlia. Brought the ';script'; with us..



Pair of Ray Band sunglasses.. triple coated.. Copies.. but very nice USD 30.00....



We were happy with what we got... the are not ';High Tech';... but good middle range products...



Prescription Eyeglasses and Tailors


Thank you so much for the very useful information. Those are terrific deals.




I have taken my prescriptions from UK to ';American Vision'; on Shwe Bon Thar Road. Very good and efficient service. My latest, Boss rimless vari-focal lenses cost me just under $200 for both frames and the lens. They would have cost me well over 拢200 for the frames alone in UK! and another 拢300-400 for the vari-focal lenses! My previous pair was the Armani from the same place. The frames look quite genuine; anyway, I%26#39;m not too bothered as they are actually very good and well made and very good value (even if it is for the lens - as I had them checked back here in UK - my optician was amazed at the quality and price!!) Also, I get to be shown the actual frame they were going to use.





Sorry I haven%26#39;t used any tailors.


  • moisturiser cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment