Monday, April 16, 2012

Can I bring a video camera and ipod into Myanmar?

I%26#39;ve read conflicting information regarding video recorders and ipods - some sites say you can take them in, others say you can%26#39;t!!





I%26#39;d be grateful if anyone who has recently visited Myanmar could advise - many thanks!



Can I bring a video camera and ipod into Myanmar?


No issue about bringing the stuff in or out.. Just don%26#39;t film anything sensitive.... like military, airports or even bridges.



Can I bring a video camera and ipod into Myanmar?


I can say yes,yes,yes and bring ipod and camara too in to our country,And very welcome to you with themCause that will show your friends and family.Then that will help to our tourism to boom.But that depend on what you shot that is not allowed area on the spot film will be out on your eye spot.



Welcome to BURMA



kopwint




I was there over December -January. I took my Handycam, Digital camera and my son took his iPod all hung from our shoulders for all to see. We didn%26#39;t have any problem. I did ask someone around or nearby if it will be OK to take pictures if I am not sure. I would advise you to be careful of sensitive things like government buildings. You can tell, they have great billboards with all slogans stuck outside; and obviously any army or police buildings. You can%26#39;t mistake them with people in uniform there. People may be camera-shy, especially if you%26#39;re taking pictures of the food stalls, but they don%26#39;t really mind.




No problem with video camera and digital camera - used both there last October. As mentioned in earlier postings above, be cautious about what you film/photograph and when photographing people it is usually polite to ask them if it is ok. They are very interested to see the digital photo you have taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment