Monday, April 16, 2012

burma visit

I am planning to travel in january, to Yangon. Mandalay and Bagan, Is it best to fly to Bankgok from Australia, then into Yangon.Or is there another point that is closer.



which hotels are best and adverage prices to expect, and is there a certain amount of money to be changed still at airport on arrival, this seems confusing still.My partner and i have travelled in thailand before with cambodia being our last trip, is everything in $US like there.



All suggestions will be appreciated.



Kat



burma visit


Hello Pinot 12 greetings from Singapore!!!





I am travelling to Yangon and Mandalay on my own in early Jan and regarding your question on point of entry, there isn%26#39;t any direct flight from Australia to Yangon? If not from my knowledge going to Bangkok first seems to be your best bet.





You no longer needs to change any money on arrival at airport as the authority has lifted this imposition few years ago. It was known as FEC. But be sure to bring lots of crisp new US dollars (in small denomination) as I heard there aren%26#39;t any ATM machines for cash withdrawal and some hotels don%26#39;t even accept credit cards!!!





Have fun.





Shaun Sia



burma visit


You will need US dollars to pay hotel bills, air tickets, (and boats, too) and in some upscale restaurants and shops. At other local shops, restaurants, teashops, and from street vendors you will need to use the local currency, kyat (pronouced similar to ';chat';), to pay for things. The biggest bank note is 1,000 kyat - which is less than $1 - so be prepared for a generous stack of bills when you change money!




Welcome to Burma.you will be happy and amazine in our country.There are my advise,Money exchain now cancel in airport and do not chaing in Airport.That you will be cheating from some one.many money chaingers in there Airport.and do not chaing around Sule pagoda there also many tiger for tourists.But you just asking rate then you consider for chaing.



You fly from your Downunder Australia to bangkok.then to Burma.



About car or hotel that I can give you info.



1$ to 1250 in current(26.Dec.2006)



hope you will be in our lovely land




Hi BlueDragon,





Hi I will be arriving this weekends in Yangon and my first concern will be getting to my hotel (Traders Hotel) from the airport. I will be arriving quite early in the morning and would like to know the taxi system there.





Is there a taxi counter inside the arrival hall where I can purchase a ticket to get downtown or I just simply grab a cab outside? Is there a queue stand outside the airport for taxi? My info is that the trip to downtown should be about USD 5 is that right?





If there are different taxi companies available can you advice which is the most reliable?





I hope your reply gets to me in time to ensure my trip arriving in Yangon is a wonderful one.





Thanks.





SS




ATTN: to SS,





I%26#39;ve read your trip plan.. today..



If I have permission to know your exect date and flight detail .. today..



I can book you through for your accommodation at traders.. from one of the agent .. 60 USD per room/per night at Traders..



and your taxi.. approximately cost you 5 USD





If you already book accommodation by yourself, OK..



For immigratation and custom you can pass through quickly if you hire Myawaddy service around 2000 Kyats at the airport..





there%26#39;s a phone near to the corner of Toilet wihile you wait for baggages, you can request forwarding services to 095212581 --%26gt; and say ';I%26#39;m a friend of Aung';





Im outside and send to my mail box --%26gt; vctraung@gmail.com





Not too late to say ';Merry X%26#39;mas and Happy New Year!';





Victor




Thanks for all your replys, i have been using the internet alot and have used dome of your advice.



I have decided to go with visa here should take 2 weeks maxium, I have organised flight s to Yangon through Bangkok air as they have a sale at moment. Still undecide on the manaday Bagan route.



I may have to take chance on transport once there.If I only stayed in Yangon would there be enough to see/do for 5 days



Thanksagain for advice



Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment