Monday, April 16, 2012

From Kyaik-tiyo Pagoda to Thailand

Hi,

has anybody travelled from Kyaik-tiyo Pagoda ( southern Burma) to Thailand ( Rangon) in April 07. Is it possible at all , how much time should I allow for this or do I have to go via Bangkok ?

Cheers

From Kyaik-tiyo Pagoda to Thailand

I may not understand well your question so this answer may not respond to your need.

In case you would like to go to Bangkok, Thailand from Kyaik-tiyo Pagoda. You have to travel from Kyaik-tiyo Pagoda first by bus or car to Yangon and then flight (recommended) from Yangon to Bangkok.

To take a bus or a car from Kyaik-tiyo to Yangon, it may take 2 days at least because of the roads.

May I suggest you to contact Ms.Thiri (Exotissimo Myanmar) whom my friend used to suggest me to contact her while traveling to Myanmar so that you may have more information. She is very nice and gave me good suggestions and a good service (I used a transfer service there). If I remember well, her email is thiri@exotissimo.com.

Mingalabar!

From Kyaik-tiyo Pagoda to Thailand

I visited Kyaiktiyo about 2 weeks ago. An amazing place! I debated where to stay on the mountain or in nearby Kinpun, but I finally splurged and paid for an expensive (for me: it was $46 for one night) room near the top of the mountain (But it was still a 40-minute walk to the top). Otherwise, you have to return to the base camp at Kinpun by truck each time, and the last truck leaves before sundown and arrives after sunrise - which are the two best times to see the rock. So, I%26#39;m glad I did it that way.

A bus ride from Yangon doesn%26#39;t take long at all; my journey was only about 5 hours. You can also break it up by stopping overnight, or for a meal, in Bago. The road is pretty good; I%26#39;ve been on much worse in Cambodia and Laos.

  • deny a home rental applicat
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment