Thursday, April 19, 2012

Flights within Myanmar

I am planning a trip to Myanmar but can%26#39;t find a convenient way to make reservations for the internal flights . The only method I have found is by e mail with travel agencies in Myanmar. Is there any agent in the US that you can talk to on the phone and book reservations?



Flights within Myanmar


Hi, I have tried the same thing myself but have been advised that the only way to get flights is to turn up at Bangkok %26amp; book from there - or wait til you are in Myanmar %26amp; then book - if you find a different way let me know I am trying the same thing but from UK.



Flights within Myanmar


The reasons for the difficulty are that credit cards are not accepted in Myanmar and visitors need to have a visa ahead of time. I recommend you contact Diethelm Travel%26#39;s office in Bangkok and see if they can help you. They have a website with contact info. We were on a tour that used them as the Thai/Myanmar local agency. They booked us within Myanmar on Air Mandalay and Yangon Airways, and between Bangkok and Yangon on Thai Airlines.




I%26#39;m sorry that my info will be a bit old, and I will have to look up the name of the contact agency in Bankok....I think it is Irawaddy Travel. The couple tht ran this agency were from Myranmar (or Burma as I like to think of it before it became a military h unta run country)...and they put together a wonderful package for my traveling there back in l998.





If you can%26#39;t find anyone who will book this trip in or from the US...if you have the time frame for that part of your trip %26#39;alotted%26#39; in your other travel plans, once you get to Bankok, you can arrange your trip from there. You will have to spend some time in Bankok however....we managed to do it with just one day in Bankok, but I would suggest that you plan on at least 3 days in Thailand for all the arrangements to be made.





It is an incredibly beutiful country as are its people. I regret that we only had a 4 night package. I will never forget a sunset from the top of one of the stuppas (sp?) in the archeological site.





Good luck!



Colorado Belle




Everyone


We are a reliable travel agency in Bangkok with very good connections in Burma. We can arrange air, rail and boat travel as well as hotels and private tours with good English speaking guides. We send a couple of dozen people every year with good reports. We are UK owned and operated agency with 10 years experience in SE Asia travel. Feel free to email with questions to info@dtctravel.com and we%26#39;ll get back to you with good, current information.



Regards


Will


DTC

No comments:

Post a Comment