Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mynmar for women

Hi


I%26#39;m travelling in Myanmar alone for two weeks in Janary 2006. Does anyone have any tips on what or where to avoid, or is it generally safe for a woman travelling on her own?


I%26#39;d be interested to hear from anyone else travelling in Myanmar at the same time.


Thanks


Nina



Mynmar for women


Totally safe. If you don%26#39;t get this until you return, I hope you had a great experience.



Mynmar for women


Hi Nina, how was your trip? Plan to go to Myanmar in April/May, any travelling advice? BR Mary




HI



Hope you had a good trip to Yangon. I am planning a trip beginning of May, any recommendations on a good 5 star hotel?



Thanks



Nai




If you want a 5 Star hotel of international standard, the Strand is really the only option. If you are looking for good service, comfort, cleanliness and basic amenities, there are several nice options.





I have always enjoyed the Grand Plaza Park Royal, as much because of its warm service as general environment. I have stayed there many times. It is the choice of many Japanese expats who do business in Yangon. and they will all tell you that it is their favorite hotel there, despite the presence of a Japanese owned hotel in Yangon (Nikko.)





2 suggestions if you do stay there: Stay on the Executive Floor (7th Floor.) It%26#39;s worth the extra few dollars. Also, the Chinese restaurant on the 2nd floor is GREAT. There are not too many people eating there as the prices are high by Yangon standards (but still VERY inexpensive by international standards.)





All of this having been said, the people are always the most important element in hotel service. I am sure that other hotels in Yangon also provide the positive experience of the Grand Plaza.




Thanks for the advice on the hotels in Yangon. I think I will try the Strand and see how it compares to the mixed reviews I have been reading about it.





Will let you know what my experience was like after I return. I will be travelling beginning May.





Nai




Thanks for the feedbackl Tombonyc



Will be going first week May for 3 nights to Yangon Only.Finally selection is the Sedona Hotel. Any advice on what is it like? How are the rooms, the food and Service. Does it have any nice bars of clubs for meeting like minded?


Thanks




Hi Misschief cool name!



I am off to yangon for a few days and would like to know where to eat and drink, any place to get upto misschief?





Cheers Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment