Thursday, April 19, 2012

Myanmar, family friendly?

Hello all-


Just wanted some opinions on traveling with small children, ages 5 and 2, to Myanmar. Is it family friendly and safe? Planning a trip in March or April %26#39;06. Brought the kids all over Thailand in Dec and we all had a great time...is it similar in kid friendly attractions? Which are some family friendly hotels with great pools? Is transportation easily accessable? Should I book with a tour co, or can I plan it just as simply as my Thailand trip?


Any and all suggestions would be happily received.



Myanmar, family friendly?


Hello,





I have two children (now teenagers) who I have dragged all over the world from 6 weeks of age. We have just arrived back Sunday 26th from our 12 days Myanmar trip so I%26#39;ll try and give you my impressions on Myanmar as a family holiday.





The good hotels are fantastic and have great swimming pools. The country is one of the cleanest asian countries I%26#39;ve visited (lived all over asai for 5 years). The food was fantastic the sights amazing! I%26#39;m normally an independent traveler but Myanmar is not the place to be independent. Not because it%26#39;s dangerous but because it is antiquated and not a huge tourist hub, this adds to the beauty of the place, not crowded with tourists but tourisim is in it%26#39;s infancy in Myanmar compared to Thailand. We used a fantastice private tour company. Our guide Mr Zaw, a director of the company had two children of his own (6 and 8) so he would know how to entertain children. Having said all that I don%26#39;t know that your children would be interested in seeing temples and monestries or countryside and if you don%26#39;t like that Myanmar doesn%26#39;t have much to offer. They do have a beach resort area which our friends visited and said it was truly wonderful. I guess it depends on what you want to do or what you want out of your holiday but the Burmese people are in my opinion as friendly as the Thai people and would go out of there way to help you with the children. Do use an independent tour company not a government one and look at their web sight to see what you would to do and see in Myanmar. I%26#39;m happy to give you the e-mail of the tour company we used. Myanmar has to be my favourite asian experience so far and I%26#39;ve lived all over Indonesia, own a place in Bali just taken a trip all over India. Seen a great amount of Thailand, Singapore, Brunie and Malaysia. If you need specific questions answered I%26#39;d be happy to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment