Friday, April 13, 2012

Bagan and Yangon.how long to stay?

Hi, Im going to visit Bagan early June 2007, flying bkk to Yangon, then I guess i will fly to Bagan.



How long should i stay in Bagan for? I want to have a good look at the temple sites and certainly do not want to rush. Will 2 full days be enough?



And how about Yangon...is 2 days enough or would it be better to stay 3 days?



Thanks to anyone that can help me out





Andrew



Bagan and Yangon.how long to stay?


Hi Andrew,





How much time can you spare? It will be very hot ; and there are a lot to see in both places and I would advise you not to rush around. I would advise at least 3 full days in each place. (If you can spare the time, 4 full days in Bagan and 3 full days in Yangon) Take into account the fact that you will have spent about half a day with arrival, getting to the hotel and checking in before you get to do your proper exploration at every destination; and almost the same in the reverse. To make the most, try and get the first flight to Yangon from Bangkok, the first flight from Yangon to Bagan and then the last flight from Bagan to Yangon. Make sure you get transportation organised in Bagan for you. It is worth it.





Tip in Yangon: don%26#39;t go to the Shwe Dagon Pagoda in the day time. It will be very hot and very bright. Go there very early in the morning, say about 7:00 am or in the evening, say about 7:30 - 8:00pm. it is magnificent lit up at night; and it is very pleasant up there in the evening.



Bagan and Yangon.how long to stay?


Just to add the comment about visit to Shwe Dagon...



the ticket allows for one visit.. but they will generally allow you back.. but only on the same day...



So if you go in the morning.... you should be able to return for a night visit whithout having to pay for a second ticket.




Yeah, agree with all of the above. The best way to enjoy Myanmar, especially this time of year, is to take things at a mellow pace, take naps after lunch, and not try to do everything at once.





Don%26#39;t try to rush through Bagan. If you do that, you won%26#39;t remember anything, anyway. I always see people traveling with their noses buries in guidebooks, and they leave and miss out on meaningful interaction with the people who live in the places they are visiting.





Shwedagon is beautiful always, but at nighttime it is really something else. During the middle of the day this time of year, the platform will burn your feet unless it has recently rained, anyway.




In yangon 2 days is good enough ,



About Great Shwe da gon pagoda entrance fees,that is depend on the staffsmcause I go with my guests they just visit early morning with out me and evening they want to go for dun set and night sense of Great Shwe da gon pagoda,But at the entrance they said Not allowed to go cause they need fees again,so I have problem with them and after that they told me give me just tip,I said after sun set I will pay and we go up and finish we get go down but I do not pay for what they want ,That is I get feel shy for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment