Thursday, March 29, 2012

Visa to Myanmar with more than one entry and exit

Hello: I am planning a trip to Myanmar in November to visit my daughter who teaches there. I would like to travel throughout SE Asia but would use Yangon as my headquarters. Therefore, I would need a visa with more than one entry and exit. Is there a way to do that? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you





cjp4610@gmail.com



Visa to Myanmar with more than one entry and exit


This is carolynColorado again. Please correct my email address to:



cjp4610@gmail.net. Sorry about the error!



Visa to Myanmar with more than one entry and exit


There may well be.. but I doubt that you would be able to get one... What you can get is several tourist visa... They are valid for entry for up to 3 months from date of issue... each will allow you a stay of up to 28 days....




Thank you for the response. I guess I%26#39;ll just have to get new visas each time I leave Myanmar so that I can enter again. Appreciate your input. Thanks very much!




My understanding is that you can arrange for more than one visum at the same time.. as long as the dates you need to enter are not more than 3 months away. And you may even be able to have the 3 month validation period extended.. given you special circumstances?.... My impression is that they are fairly eager to help.. if they can.. Why not contact the Myanmar embassy in the US?




Thanks so much for your response. I did contact the Myanmar Embassy in Washington and the lady I spoke to suggested that I just get a new visa each time I re-enter the country. I guess that is the best way. It does seem like a pain to re-apply each time but I%26#39;m at a loss as to a better way to do it. Inasmuch as I don%26#39;t know when I%26#39;ll be leaving Myanmar and returning I%26#39;ll just have to do it as I go along.





Thanks so much for your help though! I sincerely appreciate it.





Carolyn




You are very welcome.



It is the case that Myanmar is a bit more difficult vis a vis visa rules and limitations on how and where to enter the country.



Perhaps making Thailand your base in S. E. Asian and just doing a number of straight forward return trip to Yangon is a better option? Do remember that untill recently, only a 7 day visum was available for tourist...

No comments:

Post a Comment