Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ngapali! Need help with watersports!

If anyone knows, are there watersports(esp. catamarans or hobie-cats and windsurfing) available at Ngapali beach? If so, are they for public use or only for hotel guests?



I%26#39;m desperate! Help me anyone! Thank you in advance))





Ngapali! Need help with watersports!


Hi Vvan,



As far as I know, there is a catamaran available at the Bayview Hotel. Generally for hotel guests only. Hobie-cats are not available (thank goodness!) Bay view also has the one and only speed-boat in Ngapali. I am not 100% sure but I think windsurfing is available. All for hotel guests only.



Good luck.



Khayeethe



Ngapali! Need help with watersports!


What%26#39;s the difference between catamarans and hobie-cats?... Isn%26#39;t ';Hobie-cat';.. a brand of catamaran?




Thank you! I have heard about Bayview, but it%26#39;s not what we%26#39;re looking for. Don%26#39;t you know about Aureum Palace resort?





And...I don%26#39;t actually know the difference between hobie-cat and catamaran, because English is not my native language...I know what hobie-cat is, but catamaran...I%26#39;m stupid, I know that!))




Hi Vvan



Regarding your question about Aureum Palace resort, I would suggest you look into their website www.aureumpalacehotel.com



I have not stayed there but in January 07, I stayed at Aureum Palace at Ngwe Saung Beach owned by the same chain. I believe the one at Ngapali is more secluded.



Their website might lead to contacts for info about watersports there. Best wishes from



Sydneybob71




Thanks) Oh? and when you were staying at Aureum in Ngwe Saung- there were watersports or not?




Sandoway has its%26#39; own boat (not a catamaran but it has outriggers) for rent for snorkeling trips etc. You will also be approached on the beach by locals offering boat trips.



Thank goodness there are no other watersports available , and long may it continue!




Re Water sports at Ngwe Saung Beach



We stayed at Aureun Palace Resort Ngwe Saung Beach for 5 Days 4 nights (2nd Jan 07 to 6th Jan 07 ) . December and January are peak of high tourist season and I am sure all facilities included in their fact sheet are available or can be arranged.



At Aureum we hired a ski-jet and a Beach-Buggy for 2 days. I think you can hire these by the hour.



Also their sister complex (Myanmar Treasure Resort Ngwe Saung) offers scuber diving and fishing tours. This resort is on the same beach close to Aureum Palace .



Best to book these activities at time of booking accomodation.

No comments:

Post a Comment