Thursday, March 29, 2012

help needed for Myanmar trip

Hi



I only have 15 days of vacation including flying time. I am planning on going into Yangon via BKK, on to Bagan, Inle and then ...... not sure yet. I wanted to do some down time at a beach in Myanmar but from what I read, it seems that they are more expensive than those found in Thailand. So......





I am ';stuck'; on the Inle portion. From my readings , people have suggested Taunggyi, Kakku, Indein, and Samka. But, I am not sure how long it would take ( in terms of actual car hours) to get to these places, and if they are really worth going to.





I know this is a loaded question, and that it depends on tastes and individual preferences but I really want some honest opinions on any of the aforementioned places. I will shoot myself if I spend 4 hours in a car and think '; wow that really wasn%26#39;t worth it!';





Thanks



Bette



help needed for Myanmar trip


Hi Bette,





Calculate: 3 days flying international air....with connection to Myanmar





the rest 12 days you can spend in Myanmar.





Calculate: 2 days each at Major 4 destinations which are Yangon, Bagan. Mandalay and Inle Lake.





You can extend one more day in Inle lake where you can do some unusual places such as Kakku and Indein.





The rest day you will spend 3 or 4 days at the beach doing nothing.





There are Hotels ranges 30 to 300. if you are looking for something simple there are Lin Tha Oo guest house., Silver Beach hotel. Ngapali beach hotel, Thande Beach hotels. they are on the net.





so, I hope you can have some pictures of your trip plan..







Best regards,







Vincent



help needed for Myanmar trip


Hi,





From USA I would calculate 2 days flying into and 2 days flying out of Myanmar. that leaves you with 11 days. What is it you wanted to do? Your plan indicates you want to rush around! Why not take it a bit easy? If you want a beach as well, why not focus on Yangon, Bagan and Ngapali or another beach nearer to Yangon called Ngwe Saung? My plan would be:





Day 1 - 2 To Yangon and arrival



Day 3 - 4 See Yangon



Day 5 -6-7 Bagan



Day 8 - 9 10 Ngapali/Ngwe Saung (beach)



Day 11 12 Back in Yangon



Day 13 14 Return to USA





One day left ! You may need it with one or the other connecting flights





Just a suggestion.



Khayeethe




Oops! I just noticed your last paragraph.



Yangon to Ngwe Saung (beach) is by car/coach. it takes at least 5 hours on the road!





Travelling around Myanmar by road takes time! This apply especially if you are thinking of Inle, Taungyi etc.





Yangon - Bagan is a 50 minutes flight each way. Remember to take into account waiting times at the airport! They eat away time you hope to spend at each place.





Khayeethe




Quote: ';I am ';stuck'; on the Inle portion. From my readings , people have suggested Taunggyi, Kakku, Indein, and Samka. But, I am not sure how long it would take ( in terms of actual car hours) to get to these places, and if they are really worth going to.';



At Inle lake you simply arrange with a friendly boat man.. to take you on a daytrip.. start at 8 am.. and bring you home after sundown... cost is aroung USD 18.. to 20.. You can negotiate with him.. what you like to see and more importantly.. what you don%26#39;t want to be dragged to see..... Inle lake is (for us) one of the (many) highlights of Myanmar.

No comments:

Post a Comment