Thursday, March 29, 2012

Please advise on Land Travel in Myanmar

Hi -





I%26#39;m planning my visit to Myanmar this coming Dec/Jan. I%26#39;m a nervous flyer and always prefer land travel..





I have about 12 days and plan to hit the must see sites, i.e. Bagan, Inle, Mandalay - Inwa – Amarapura..





Is it possible to do this itinerary over land in 12 days? i.e. by train/ bus / car?





Greatly appreciate any suggestions you may have on itinerary by land travel, or your thoughts on whether / not this this realistic..





I%26#39;ve been told that the trains are very uncomfortable and the bus journeys are long..





Thanks in advance!









Please advise on Land Travel in Myanmar


You have been told correctly... you have no idea how poor the roads are and getting bounced about in a bus for 15 to 20 hours is no fun at all. Trains are a bit like in India only worse.



With 12 days to spare I would not be messing about with too many trains/busses at all. Perhaps you may want to look at the river boat trip between Mandalay and Bagan. Another way of minimising travels inside Myanmar is to enter at Mandalay?. Mandalay airways run one flight per week from Chiang Mai in Thailand (Thursday PM cost USD 119.00).



Please advise on Land Travel in Myanmar


In trips to Myanmar over 25 years I would say there has been little if any improvement in train or bus travel. Some of the roads seem better but not the buses, or the trains. On the other hand, air transport is substantially improved and I think the airlines now rank well, comparable to other regional carriers. It almost seems as if the government decided air transport is the way to go and it is, of course, much easier to keep track of people moving about the country. I have never traveled by boat in Myanmar and as suggested I would like to try the Mandalay - Bagan run.




Thanks for your advice. Appreciate the help!




Some say travel by texi is get tired ,but for me that you have the chance to meet locals and get chance to snap shot of accidentally photos,and you know well What is the Burma.



I can help you what do you want to see the places and itennaries for 12 days and all about your trip,



welcome to Burma

No comments:

Post a Comment