Thursday, March 29, 2012

air to Yangon

This week I booked my ticket with Thai Air ( JFK-BKK) .... I have posted before on this topic. We are going in Feb.





I didn%26#39;t book it straight through as I was afraid I would miss the one hour connecting flight JFK-BKK-RGN..... AND it was more expensive to book ONE TICKET as opposed to TWO.





Anyway, I got an agent on the phone yesterday ( Thai Air) and she said I needed a PAPER ticket to leave Yangon ( as opposed to an electronic ticket) .... This becomes more expensive as you have to pay for the ticket and pay for the mailing of it via Fed-X.





Does anyone have any experience with this? Is this true?





Also, the air from BKK-RGN and return on Thai Air is about 445 USD per person, which I think is a bit expensive considering it%26#39;s an hour and a half flight. I know Burma increased gas prices, but even in August when i was checking .... the ticket was in the 400 range. Any ideas if it will go down?





I did check the other airlines but the times areren%26#39;t good ( Bangkok air has good prices but the times won%26#39;t work for me.





And, one last thing, I haven%26#39;t heard from my agent there in over two weeks ..... I know they are having problems there. Hope she wasn%26#39;t shut down.





Thoughts?



Thanks



Bette



air to Yangon


Can’t imagine why Thai air Bangkok to Yangon can’t be booked on-line or can’t issue e-tickets.. I suspect your agent is having you on for some reason... any other flight with them can be booked direct with Thai air.. albeit not the most user friendly site to work with!



Other airlines to look at is Airasia.. (Around USD 120.00 return), Bagan Air, Bangkok Air and Myanmar Air (International).



I very much doubt that the internal fuel price issue will have any short term bearing on air-ticket prices.



Re; your tour and e-mail... e-mail is notoriously unreliable in Myanmar.. just keep sending reminders.. they will get back to you sooner or later.



air to Yangon


Hi mosegrisen,





It%26#39;s not the Burmese agent who told me this, it was the New York City, English speaking lady ..... she said that you need a paper ticket to get out of Burma ....... I did try Airasia.com as a site but the flight times don%26#39;t coincide with my flight into BKK ...... after a 17 hour flight to get there, I don%26#39;t want to hang out at the BKK airport longer than I have to ....... actually, it was you who convinced me that the ';connecting flight'; might be too tight ....... I will try the other airlines you suggested. .. I will let you know. And, you are a doll for responding so quickly.



Thanks



Bette




Oh and I did book my JFK-BKK flight online with Thai Air...... I messed up the return date and had to call the NYC branch to change it. It was THEN that the lady mentioned, ';Oh you%26#39;d better have a paper ticket to leave Burma.'; Otherwise, I wouldn%26#39;t have known .....



Bette




Have no idea why you would need a paper ticket to leave Myanmar.... If that had been the case.. I would still be there:-)... as that was all I had last time I was there.. (flew with airasia and e-tickets is all they ever give you)...



good luck!




Dear Mrs Bette,





You can get cheap air from BKK, but you might have to sit with Tractors.





Rourld Ride Reb is not good in Burma, oh i mean Myanmar.





I send you answer to other Trip question but you no Answer, you rude.




Paul ...... I know its you ........ the ';Rourld Ride Reb'; gave you away ......

No comments:

Post a Comment