Thursday, March 29, 2012

Facilities Ngapali beach area

Are there any restaurants outside the tourist hotels in Ngapali? Are there local places to eat? can anyone tell me if there are any other facilities outside the hotels? Any good places to tour, any shops/bars etc?





Facilities Ngapali beach area


Yes, there are good local restaurants just outside the tourist hotels in Ngapali, especially outside the Bayview Hotel and the Ngapali Beach Hotel. Just one thing, if you need the washroom, just walk back to your hotel because they are just not yet ready for the full facility requirements.





There aren%26#39;t any ';proper'; shops but you may find interesting local shops outside the Bayview because the village is just outside the hotel. The nearest town is Thandwe in land. You will need transport to get there.





The village outside Ngwe Saung is much more ';developed'; in that there are a number of restaurants, shops and cafe%26#39;s. I did feel and fear it might become ';over-developed'; and spoil it all one day.





(Mazzaroo: Please refer to my posting of 18 January on the 2 beaches Ngapali and Ngwe Saung which I wrote following my recent visit. )



Facilities Ngapali beach area


Wow!!!! Thank you so much!!!! Just read your posting after your trip in Jan - really useful. It sounds amazing!!!! Im dreaming about mongroves and beautiful white sand already and definitely now a bit more able to persuade the boyfriend not to want to head to Thailand afterwards! Ive been researching a bit this week and my mind is made up - i am definitely going this Xmas!!! My mums family are Burmese, but it%26#39;s good to get an idea as well from other people%26#39;s point of view. I do have quite a few questions still though if you wouldnt mind?!!! ....?




You%26#39;re welcome, Mazzaroo. Fire away. I%26#39;ve just been helping another with answering the Q%26#39;s. Would you like to post your Questions via the TripAdvisor e-mail link? I think you just click on my name and you will find somewhere to write messages. Otherwise, I%26#39;m quite happy to answer your Questions on this Forum.





Khayeethe




hi, do you have any idea about the weather in May?






Hi,





May is the hottest month of the year in Myanmar with temperatures around 37C - 40C +/- ! It is also the dryest. Temperatures in the morning around 7-8 am will start around 24 - 25C+/- . The temperatures are highest in central Myanmar in Mandalay, Bagan at this time of the year. Cooler to around 21C - 27/30C +/- in the Shan States where the Inle Lake and Taungyi are because it is on a higher elevation - the Shan Plateau. I hope this is helpful.




I%26#39;m back Khayeethe!!! Still not booked flights or anything for our trip in december, but wont be in a position to book it for a while. However, we are now alot clearer what we want to do, so some questions for you if you have the time:



1) Flying from London, it looks cheaper to buy a return to Bangkok and then buy an internal flight from Bangkok-yangon, would you agree?



2) How do we go about booking the internal flights bangkok/yangon and yangon-ngapali? Where? How far in advance should i book these internal flights?



3) Nagapli beach hotel has no swimming pool as far as i can see...what%26#39;s your opinion on the best value hotel in ngapali with pool? Is the best way to book the hotel in ngapali over the net?



4) Are you able to go deep sea fishing/take a boat out in ngapali?



5) We will be going over xmas and NY, would 25th dec/1st Jan be celebrated in nagapli being an international resort? (doesnt bother us but interested to know)



6) which hotels have you stayed in Yangon?



Are you Burmese? Best wishes




Hi Mazzaroo,





1. UK to Rangoon/Yangon: I would suggest you investigate and perhaps book now. Remember, December, particularly after around 10 December is classed as peak season. I use Trailfinders or Flight Center. I find it cheaper to book a return flight from UK to Yangon; rather than getting a return UK to Bangkok and then another return flight between Bangkok to Yangon. You can fly into Yangon from UK (eg. London) via Bangkok, Singapore or Kuala Lumpur. It is the cost and then the flight times; especially the connection times, which will decide for me the route I fly. My experiences are:-



Thai Airways:- Very good flight and connection times. Usually only about 1 - 1 and a half hour wait at Bangkok. Very popular and usually the cheap(er) tickets arre sold out very quickly (therefore you might be left with more expensive tickets)- you might just get them now. Flights are Thai all the way.



Singapore Airlines:- Very good flight times; but there may be a longer connection time at Singapore; and ofcourse the flight time is longer. Flights are with Singapore and Silk Air (Singapore%26#39;s regional arm/subsiduary)



Malaysian Airlines:- similar to Singapore. Flights are with Malaysian Airlines throughout.





If you buy separate tickets, you may possibly get cheaper flights with JetStar from Singapore; or Bangkok Airways or AirAsia from Bangkok.





2. Bangkok/Singapore/KL - Yangon flights are not internal flights. They are all international flights. Perhaps you meant Regional.





3. Answered above. I would book now. With Trailfinders, you would be able to pay deposit only with the balance nearer; and they don%26#39;t charge for using credit cards either!





4. The Ngapali Beach Hotel (NBH), being well established, having existed for some time has no swimming pool. The newer ones do, like the Thande Ngapali and the Aurreum (refer to my article of 18 Jan07). I am familiar with the NBH; but having experienced Thande Bagan Hotel, and also having checked out the Thande Ngapali while I was there last time, I can recommend it. I have not experienced booking on line. The web sites, if they have, are not fully geared for booking on line, so, personally, I wouldn%26#39;t chance it. I normally book through a travel agent in Yangon.





5. Yes, you can get a boat out into the sea to other islands, snorkling etc. I am not so sure about fishing. I%26#39;ve not experienced it myself.





6. I have stayed at the Traders and the Sedona Hotel in Yangon. I can recommend both; but to be in the center of the City, I would recommend Traders or the Park Royal Grand Plaza a bit further along on the same road. I know the Traders can be booked on line, direct; and you get a discount.





You probably gathered the meaning of my nom de plume. Yes.





Khayeethe




To add:-





Yes, Christmas and New year are celebrated in Ngapali. We were there for the New Year in Dec06/Jan 07. Remember, a lot depend on the crowd (guests). all on similar line with music, fireworks and letting off the small hot air balloons.





Fishing: I don%26#39;t think there are facililties for deep sea fishing.




Internal Flights:-



Yangon - Ngapali or Yangon - Bagan: I normally ask my travel agent in Yangon to book the flights. About 2-3 months ahead is plenty of time. Generally you will be able to book these flights when you get to Yangon; but if you can book ahead do so. Flights are with Air Bagan; Air Mandalay or Yangon Air. All go to Ngapali, Bagan and Mandalay. The rule of theum is to get the first fllight out of Yangon and get the last flight out back to Yangon.




Wow - thanks loads for your help again!





International flights - my uncle has suggested qatar airways as well as they are cheap and go via Doha...ill have to get this sorted soon i know. I will definitely check out trailfinders too for this, thanks for the tip





Yangon - Ngapali internal flight %26amp; hotels in ngapali - i would rather book these before arriving in Myanmar being the peak season in december. How can I go about booking this in advance??





Both those hotels in ngapali look fab, i cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment