Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thai/burma border

Hi, I%26#39;m planning a travel in Myanmar. I will be passing the road border ex Mae Sai (Thailand) to Tachileik (Myanmar) and then taking a taxi from Tachileik to Kengtung. We already have the visa.



I have heard that there may be problems/difficulties in crossing the border, as sometimes Burma authorities close the border.





Had someone met any difficulty in crossing this border?



I%26#39;m evaluating if booking a flight Chiang Mai/Mandalay or crossing the border.





Thanks for your help!!



Thai/burma border


have just returned from a visit to Myanmar. We also thought of crossing from Mae Sai, but decided in the end it was better to fly into Mandalay. when we got there, a Burmese friend said the border crossing would have been unadvisable.



Thai/burma border


sorry, we flew in the end from Bangkok - Yangon




Cynthia, what did you end up doing? I%26#39;m in a similar situation, I%26#39;ll be traveling to Mandalay next week and I%26#39;m not sure if I should fly or take a bus from Chiang Mai (which is where I%26#39;m at now)





Please advise.





Thanks



Kenji




Hi Cythia and Kenji,





I would love to advise some points as I am Yangon based travel agent.





The best way is to fly into myanmar than crossing borders.





Now foreigners can not go Tachileik to Keng Tung by Land Road either. if you like to go you have to take the domestic flights. you should check the flight schedule.





Foreigner crossing borders can reach up to Keng Tung only unless you have made the prearrangements with Licensed Tour agency. The permission needs to go into further inner into the country. are you going back from the same point border or are you flying out by air from Yangon?? if So you need to arrange the permission for Different entrance and Exit. Please check with Myanmar Embassy or concilor office to make sure that point. If they say OK then you are ok... but please check.





Thanks for the note.,





Bon Voyage







Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment